Tickle Blagg Animal Hospital is committed to creating an environment where your feline friends feel safe and secure while receiving the best in preventative and medical care.
- In the US, there are 86 Million Owned Cats and 78 Million Owned Dogs.
- Almost twice as many cats than dogs never visit the veterinarian.
- 60% of cat owners report that their cat hates going to the veterinarian.
- 38% of cat owners report that they get stressed just thinking about bringing their cat to the practice.
We understand how difficult and stressful, for both cats and owners, a trip to the vet can be. For that reason, we have recently taken steps to become more sensitive to the needs of our feline patients and their owners. While this practice is not new to our facility, our staff and doctors have received specific training and education on how to create a stress-free environment during each hospital visit. Whether your cat is just coming in for their annual wellness check or staying with us for hospitalization, our goal is to create a warm and inviting environment for them while here. The steps we have taken include:
- We have a barrier in our waiting room to separate our feline patients from loud or active dogs.
- We strive to quickly put our feline patients into an exam room to remove them from stressful environments and allow them time to acclimate to the room.
- Providing an educational video about cat-friendly transport.
- Using synthetic pheromones (Feliway diffusers) in our exam rooms to help cats adjust to the new environment.
- Our doctors and staff have received special training and education in order to be cat-friendly and knowledgeable about feline handling techniques, general care, and behavior.
- We offer a large range of Feline specific products including special diets, supplements, and parasite protection.
At Tickle Blagg Animal Hospital we strive to make each visit you make with your pet better than the one before. Please let us know how we are doing and what we can do to make your time with us more stress-free.